Sunday, May 27, 2012

How About A Litte Good Science?

Homosexuality and it's evolution has been a topic that has intrigued me ever since I attended a lecture on the subject during my third year in college. It is a dynamic and fascinating field and one that is too often oversimplified and overlooked, especially by those who refuse to accept it. I think that potholder54 did a very good job summarizing people's issues with it and the science behind it, and I wanted to share it here.


I have that book that Ricky Gervais is talking about, and it is very good. However, for a book that is more about the evolutionary theory (rather than a huge collection of examples) an excellent book is Evolution's Rainbow: Diversity, Gender and Sexuality in Nature and People by Joan Roughgarden. I don't 100% agree with absolutely everything she says, but it does bring a great perspective on a topic that is far more complex than we ever could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment