Thursday, January 29, 2015

Um.... Hello? Is... Is This Thing On?

Well, Hello again!

It has been wow.... forever since I have accessed this blog. In fact it's been so long it took me a good 15 minutes to do so....

Anyone miss me? Forgotten about me most like!

I suppose I should give a good explanation for this departure. It turns out that the final year of your PhD is all consuming, who knew! As I started falling ever deeper into the rabbit hole of my work I would think of this blog and all of the things I wanted to write about. There were elections left un-commented upon, holidays and books left un-reviewed, job opportunities and milestones left un-discussed. Time slipped by me, as it so often does, until I realized just how long it had been since I have been part of any kind blogosphere. I have also neglected my dearest Pharyngula, Why Evolution is True and Manboobz, now renamed as We Hunted the Mammoth. 

But now, as the waters have settled and I have found a new equilibrium in my life with a new job in a new country (Germany! Who would have thought?), I think I am finally ready to jump back in with both feet. I cannot promise to find a new topic every single day, I am certainly a little rusty from my long absence, but I do hope to be able to integrate this space into my life once again.

I'm also going to have to update my profile significantly....

So! Any old readers out there who still get these notifications in your inbox? Forgotten all about me haven't you? If not, I'll just have to start again from the beginning, but if any of you are still out there, I'm alive! Drop by and give us a wave ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment